My idea for NAV is ...

RTC Pages need to allow for greater control

Needs:
COLOR, specify number of columns in a card page, edit capability for factboxes, option for tabs accross or down

77 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Scott PeetzScott Peetz shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • AnonymousAnonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

- why does the 2-column layout not satisfy your needs?

With today's monitors / resolution, a lot of usefull space is lost by limiting pages to only 2 colums. Users are obliged to scroll down to see information instead of having the information available immediately. Lots of pages could contain more information on one screen (without scrolling) by adding the information to the right instead of the to bottom of the page.

• Mike Borg Cardona (MSFT)Mike Borg Cardona (MSFT) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

These are interesting suggestions Scott: I would love to hear more detail about them.
        - specifically which elements of the page would you recolour and why?
        - why does the 2-column layout not satisfy your needs?
        - which version of NAV are you using?

• Matt TraxingerAdminMatt Traxinger (Admin, I Love NAV) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I think some of this will come in time. NAV 2013 will have some improvements, but not to the degree that you are looking for here.

You can include basic red / green for text if you want to as far as color goes now. You can also create a simple .NET addin to show any color you like, but that is still more than you should have to.

You can do better layouts in NAV 2013 which is similar to the number of columns in the card page.

I don't think a FactBox should be editable. It is there for informational purposes. Just my personal opinion, though.

As for tabs across the screen, I personally love the fast tabs. What would tabs across the screen give you that the fast tabs do not? I would see the user losing functionality if you went back to that.

Feedback and Knowledge Base