My idea for NAV is ...

A library of Roles that any Partner or Customer can download and install.

RTC Roles Library

97 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    datkinsdatkins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Sukanthan NanthagopalSukanthan Nanthagopal commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I strongly agree with this suggestion. To make this point more clearer for an example, if you take a function as Sales order entry there can not be companies do differently. And any of us don't know what are the tables/objects the permissions to be given to do that particular function/activity. Once the functions are defined as mentioned the companies can add those into their own roles/user as they wants. Now we are facing difficulties of finding all the objects get updated or accessed during each activities. At least we need a list of basic activities and the needed permissions in the objects to carry out those activities.

• Matt TraxingerAdminMatt Traxinger (Admin, I Love NAV) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What additional roles would you like to have in addition to the ones that come with the product? Security is always difficult to implement because every customer has differences between what they think an employee should be able to see and do. I would see downloading and testing out other roles as just as much trial and error as configuring your own.

To sum it up, how do you see this being easier than the security setup today? Or are you just looking for a way to make it easier, regardless of what that is?

• Sharon WebbSharon Webb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Look at mergetool.com for Easy Security. Per has provided means to record tasks and update roles with the minimum permissions needed.

• Sydney KingSydney King commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have the same problem. We have changed our roles so much we have no idea whatvthe basic set up is.

Feedback and Knowledge Base